Lifestyle

5% of Success is Strategy, The Other 95% is Mindset

Apr 17 • 5 min

single-post-img

“Without exception, 5% of a person’s success has to do with strategy, with plans.  95% has to do with the mindset. You could be the smartest person in town, and if you have the wrong mindset nothing is going to work properly.” Bob Proctor

If you haven’t heard of Bob Proctor, perhaps you ought to google him right away.

He is one of the world’s greatest mentors and influencers of mindset. I got introduced to Robert in early 2000’s at a conference and his words did blow my mind. Everything is about the mindset. How you program your mind and control your thoughts will form your path in life.

Everything we want, (and everything we dont want), is only a few thoughts away at all times. Scientists, Philosophers and Theologians, have all agreed on one thing, that Everything we want, (and everything we dont want), is only a few thoughts away at all times. Scientists, Philosophers and Theologians, have all agreed on one thing, that “We become what we think about most of the time.”

Throughout my journeys across the globe, I’ve had the privilege of witnessing incredible transformations in people’s lives.

From skyrocketing incomes to nurturing meaningful relationships, from achieving optimal health to building thriving businesses – the spectrum of change has been vast and inspiring.

What has consistently stood out amidst these diverse journeys is the overwhelming importance of mindset. Surprisingly, only a small fraction, about 5 percent, of one’s success can be attributed to strategy and plans. The remaining 95 percent is intricately tied to mindset.

This revelation explains why seemingly ordinary individuals often achieve extraordinary feats while those with exceptional intellect may struggle to make meaningful progress.

The Power of Mindset Over Strategy

Picture this: you’ve meticulously crafted a foolproof strategy, armed with plans to conquer your goals. Yet, despite your intellect and the clarity of your roadmap, progress remains elusive. Why? The missing piece of the puzzle is often mindset.

Our habitual tendencies play a significant role in our lives. Whether it’s our choice of restaurants or the relationships we foster, we’re creatures of habit. Breaking free from these patterns requires unwavering commitment – a commitment directly linked to the rewards we reap.

Many of us unknowingly harbor an “Attitude of Average or Zone of Familiarity.” We settle for what’s comfortable, benchmarking our aspirations against societal norms and familiar standards. Consequently, our goals become constrained by our preconceived notions of attainability rather than exploring the realm of possibility.

Instead of setting audacious goals, we opt for incremental improvements within our comfort zone. This approach, while seemingly safer, stifles our potential for growth and limits the magnitude of our achievements.

Embracing Radical Change

So, how do we shatter the shackles of mediocrity and cultivate a mindset primed for success?

Albert Einstein once famously said, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

In essence, true transformation requires daring experimentation. Rather than settling for incremental tweaks, dare to embark on bold endeavors that defy conventional wisdom.

Here’s a roadmap for crafting transformative experiments:

  1. Envision an exhilarating goal that ignites your passion and curiosity.
  2. Set a concise three-month timeline, fostering a sense of urgency and focus.
  3. Prioritize collaboration over solitary endeavors. Seek out individuals who challenge your thinking and propel you beyond your perceived limitations.
  4. Commit to daily actions aligned with your goal, leveraging the power of momentum to propel you forward.

Cultivating Accountability and Support

Imagine a mighty river coursing steadily along its familiar path, its waters flowing with unwavering determination. Just like a train on its tracks, the river’s momentum propels it forward, carving a predictable route through the landscape.

Yet, amidst this relentless flow, change appears as a distant possibility, a mere ripple in the vast expanse of water. For the river, much like the train, continues along its established course unless confronted by an extraordinary force.

Without the intervention of an unexpected catalyst, the river remains bound to its accustomed trajectory, perpetually following the contours of its surroundings. Similarly, without embracing change, we too risk drifting along the currents of familiarity, forever tethered to the shores of the known.

It is only through the disruptive force of transformation, like a mighty boulder altering the river’s course, that we can redirect our path and chart a new course towards unexplored horizons. For without change, we remain stagnant, confined to the confines of the familiar, while our true potential flows untapped beneath the surface.

Yet, embarking on this journey alone can be daunting. That’s where accountability and support come into play.

Research suggests that while the mere intention to change holds little weight, being held accountable significantly amplifies our likelihood of success. Whether through a coach, mentor, or a supportive mastermind group, external accountability fosters discipline and resilience.

It’s essential to recognize that seeking assistance isn’t a sign of weakness but rather a strategic investment in our growth and development. By leveraging external support systems, we amplify our capacity for transformative change across all facets of life.

The journey towards unlocking our full potential begins with a fundamental shift in mindset. By embracing radical experimentation, fostering collaboration, and cultivating external support networks, we pave the way for unparalleled growth and fulfillment.

So, as you contemplate your aspirations and ambitions, dare to challenge the status quo. Embrace the discomfort of uncertainty and step boldly into the realm of possibility. Remember, the path to greatness lies not in conformity but in audacious exploration.

Here’s to your journey of transformation and success 🥃

PEOPLE ALSO READ

Stop Saying Sorry When There Is No Reason to Apologize

May 02 • 5

Failure Is Your Friend: 10 Brutally Honest Advice From A Serial Entrepreneur

May 02 • 9

Cracking the Code to Entrepreneurial Triumph: The Triple-D Formula – Discipline, Data, Decisions.

Apr 17 • 8